Women's Legal Service Tas
Women’s Legal Service Tasmania provides a free and confidential statewide service for women, with offices in Hobart, Burnie and Launceston. We operate a statewide telephone advice line, as well as specialist family violence units in Burnie and Launceston, specifically for women in the north-west and northern regions of Tasmania who are experiencing, or who have experienced, family violence.Services Include:
- Legal advice and information over the phone about your legal and non-legal options
- Face to face appointments can be arranged
- Referral to appropriate community support services
- Advice and referrals on all areas of law, including separation and divorce, children's care arrangements, property divisions (including de facto and same sex relationships), family violence, and criminal and civil matters.
- We are also able to provide ongoing legal assistance and representation when available.
For your safety, we return calls using a blocked number and will not leave a message unless you say it's okay, or your voicemail identifies as being yours alone.
Women’s Legal Service Tasmania is funded by the Commonwealth Attorney-General’s Department.
DownloadsChildren and Family Law
De Facto Property Settlements
Family Violence Orders
Matrimonial Property Settlements
How to Contact:
Phone: 1800 682 468
PO Box 707, North Hobart 7002